|Back to Back Issues Page|
Great Guitar Tips, Issue #026
February 01, 2006
Here's your latest issue of...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Great Guitar Tips - The World's Most Useable Guitar E-Zine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A free, monthly E-Zine dedicated to providing you with useful information and tips for your guitar playing ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ January 2006 Issue #026 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you like this E-Zine, please do a friend a big favor and pass it on. If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting...
Table Of Contents
2. Nicolo Paganini - Guitar & Violin Master
3. Theory - Musical Terms
4. Recommended Resource
5. This Month's Fr/ee Music
1. NewsHi to all new and old subscribers!
Welcome to the January 2006 issue and may I say...Happy New Year to all!
I've added a page about Nicolo Paganini in the composer section of my site. See below for details.
I hope you enjoy this month's newsletter. So let's go...
2. Nicolo Paganini - Guitar & Violin MasterNicolo Paganini is mostly remembered for being a violin virtuoso. What many people don't realize is that he was also a classical guitar virtuoso. Read more here...
3. Theory - Musical TermsHere are 10 useful musical terms and definitions that you may want to commit to memory...
Cantando...in a singing style
Portamento...smoothly gliding from one note to another
Doloroso...To play sadly
Giocoso...To play merrily
Non Troppo...not too much
Augmented 2nd...Interval between sixth & seventh notes of harmonic minor scale i.e. 3 semitones
Dal Segno...means repeat the music from the sign
Relative Key...Keys with matching key signatures e.g. G major & E minor
Semitone...smallest distance in pitch from one sound to another
Transposition...A change of pitch to music without a change in its relative sounds.
4. Recommended Resource - Classical Guitar Answer BookThis book by Sharon Isbin is a great resource for the classical guitarist, or any guitarist for that matter.
She heads the prestigous Juilliard School Guitar Department and speaks with the authority of a performing virtuoso answering 50 essential questions about performing, practicing, and choosing and caring for your guitar.
The questions were asked by Acoustic Guitar magazine readers and answered by Isbin in four years of Master Class columns in the magazine.
I have this book in my own library and can highly recommend it.
You can get it here...
5. This Month's Fr/ee MusicAnd now for the music! This month's music is by Pierre Porro. It's an Allegro Moderato. You can get a copy (including Tablature) here...
Don't forget to right click and use "Save Target As" to your desktop (if you're using Windows). I hope you enjoy the music!
And that's all for this issue. See you next month :))
|Back to Back Issues Page|